[tex-live] Re: non-free fonts

Martin Schroeder ms@artcom-gmbh.de
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:34:20 +0200

On 2002-10-15 17:37:40 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> There is some point here which I had not thought about before: there is a
> little difference between DFSG and debian-legal people. Which are we
> talking about? For example, if they suddenly decide LaTeX, CMR, ... are

It seems mostly debian-legal decides if a license complies with the DFSG.

> not DFSG-compliant, should we follow? Of course if the goal is TL's
> inclusion in debian, this point is nonsense.

If they decide TeX et.al are non-free, we should _demand_ that TL
is moved to non-free also and forget about debian.

But I still hope that there is some discussion going on in
private circles which will eventually solve this IMHO silly
situation.

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS@ArtCom-GmbH.DE
          ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Straße 8, D-28359 Bremen