[tex-live] {cz,sk}hyph revisited

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh@sharif.edu
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:57:29 +0330 (IRT)

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Thomas Esser wrote:

> I don't have a very strong opinion about plain vs. bplain (in fact,
> I don't know many plain TeX users), but I'll take some time to think
> about it.

What about quitting the political debate, and take it to somewhere it
really belongs, like a user area like comp.text.tex?

I'll say let's stay with whatever we have now, and just change settings
minimally without breaking anyone's copyright. What about Thomas's
original idea (with a little difference in pathes): moving 'czhyph.tex'
and 'skhyph.tex' to '/tex/latex/hyphen', removing their mention from
'/tex/generic/config/language.dat', and adding a new 'language.dat' (a
copy of current '/tex/generic/config/language.dat') to
'/tex/latex/config'?

Nobody loses anything, since we are not removing any feature, and we are
fixing a bug. We will only be moving the hyphenation patterns to the right
place. We will then talk about it again either when it was decided to
change pdftex's default to plain or when {cz,sk}hyph.tex gets fixed for
plain/bplain TeX.

roozbeh