[tex-live] babel's greek nonfree

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh@sharif.edu
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:59:39 +0330 (IRT)

Sebastian,

On 6 Oct 2002, you wrote:

> I assume Apostolos has has some personal vendetta with them.

That was guessable.

> To be honest, I regard it as a bit of a joke on his part....

Then why not ask him to remove it? If it remains there, whoever wants to
borrow some code from it (I wanted to do so) must include the phrase as
part of the license (since it talks about derived products). Theoretically
speaking, the whole TL or teTeX may be considered a derived product, and
thus can be considered nonfree.

I personally consider the phrase offensive, although I don't know anything
about the cause. Do you have any plan to do something about it, or you
consider such *jokes* permissible? (Of course everyone has some enemies,
and the list can grow ...)

roozbeh