[tex-live] installation where all the files from the CD is already on the system

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
04 Oct 2002 09:59:36 +0100

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 07:39, Lars Madsen wrote:

> because it takes a very long time :-)

it takes about 15 minutes on my Linux PC. is that too much?

> gtar: Cannot add file usergrps/cstug/pdftex/index.html: No such file or
> directory
> gtar: Cannot add file usergrps/cstug/people_related/index.html: No such
> file or directory
>
> I can't go further up up to see if there's something wrong, but does this
> matter?

hopefully not, though I am surprised

you *can* just drag the whole texmf tree from CD to your disk. if that
takes more than 10 minutes, you have a very defective CD reader.....