[tex-live] Re: TL iso images (?)

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:16:56 +0100

Staszek Wawrykiewicz writes:

 > > sorry about all this. The only correct images to get are
 > >  http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Images/texlive7-20020604-cd1.iso.bz2
 >
 > Yes, I know that. But I wrote also that http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/
 > is no more accesible via http. Only
 > http://www.tug.org/texlive/ (TeX Live page)
 > http://www.tug.org/texlive/bin/ (the contents)
 > http://www.tug.org/texlive/docs/

I think there is some confusion as to what is (or should be) available
and where. Let me recapitulate: since last May, and after discussing
it thouroghly with Sebastian and Karl, the binaries, CD images and source
from TeXLive repository have been available for ftp from tug.org at:

   ftp.tug.org:/texlive/Bin
   ftp.tug.org:/texlive/Images
   ftp.tug.org:/texlive/Source

These are loopback mounts from tlprod/bin, tlprod/Images and tlprod/source,
meaning that any changes there will immediately be seen by ftp.

I checked these directories today and noticed that the Bin and Source
were empty, so two of the mounts apparently failed. They are now recovered.

The issue of accessing tlprod via http has come up on more than one
occasion. Why not use ftp? And if you need an access to the Master tree,
it's already available at the master server at dante.de via Perforce
(or maybe even http).

 > and contains broken source ;-), fortunatelly corrected after release
 > and available on
 > ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Source/source.tar.bz2
 > or make it available on http://www.tug.org/texlive/bin/

Afaik, the texlive/Source directory at dante.de is actually a mirrored
copy of ftp.tug.org:/texlive/Source.

 > Please add info&link to TL's bugs.html. Thanks.

Which info and link are missing?

Sebastian Rahtz writes:

 > http://www.tug.org/texlive/Images/snapshot-texlive7-20021112-cd1.iso.bz2
 >
 > which does now work

This symlink doesn't hurt, but refering just to ftp.tug.org:/texlive/Images
would help people to remember where the stuff is...

Kaja