[tex-live] src specials fixes

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:52:01 +0200

* Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org> writes:

> appreciate how much more painful it is to change the banner, but the
> whole point here is to fix the problem, which is a binary that isn't
> TeX claims to be TeX.  I don't think an additional line fixes it,
> because it still says "This is TeX ...".

Well, it will have to fix it because :
- this option is not active by default; I run regularly the trip test,
it never came to my mind to run it with this option active
- this option is useful when you are writing the document (however, it
is not meant to be active for compiling the final .dvi file)
- tex engines are distributed for years now with it
- it seems very difficult to change the banner lines without changing
eTeX files that are copyrighted.

If anybody has a better solution, please speak up.

--
Fabrice