[tex-live] final TL7

Daniel Flipo Daniel.Flipo@univ-lille1.fr
Mon, 27 May 2002 14:52:13 +0200

I have just installed the latest TL7 (20020527) on a Linux machine,
and tested it on rather large files in dvi and pdf with a variety
of (public) fonts.

Installation runs flawlessly, handling of fonts is *much* better
than in TL6b (xdvi uses the T1-fonts out of the box, great!).

I'd like to mention two details:

1) the installation process reports a missing 'beton.dvi' file
   (should be installed by tex-latexextra), not really annoying.

2) something that puzzles me: some time ago I had reported that
   the French hyphenation patterns were not uptodate, Sebastian
   fixed the problem, and in the latest version the old version
   (v. 2.9  1999/11/04) come up again instead of
    v. 2.11 2002/01/16. The difference is not so important,
   but I wonder how this is possible (CTAN only has v. 2.11).
   Perhaps the same happened with other file, this is the main
   reason for me to report about this.

It is my fault anyway, the wrong version of frhyph was already in
the 2002/05/20 edition, which I did not check carefully enough to
report the problem in due time. Sorry for this.

Daniel.