Update on font problem, was: Re: [tex-live] xdvi - bad news

Stefan Ulrich stefan.ulrich@elexir.de
Sat, 25 May 2002 15:21:48 +0200 (CEST)

Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de> writes:

>> It seems to me that in TeXLive, not all type1 fonts are
>> configured by default for use with xdvi, since ps2pk map doesn't

> Fixed since Sebastian has switched to my updmap tool:

> $ grep plr10 ps2pk.map
> plr10    PLRoman10-Regular            "encplrm ReEncodeFont"  <plrm.enc  <plr10.pfb

Good - just to make sure: Is this the ps2pk.map on the CD image,
or is it created in the `local' user directories
(/usr/TeX/texmf-var/dvips/config seems to be the default) when
the user selects `R' (run from CD-ROM) in install-cd.sh? It
seems that in my case the problem was also that no appropriate
local files had been installed by that step:

$ pwd
/usr/TeX/texmf-var
$ ls -lR dvips/ xdvi/
dvips/:
total 4
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root         4096 May 24 15:24 config/

dvips/config:
total 4
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root         3423 May 25 14:25 config.ps

xdvi/:
total 4
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root          145 May 25 14:25 XDvi

Best,
Stefan