[tex-live] texlive7 and MacOSX

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Tue, 21 May 2002 01:38:47 +0200 (CEST)

[sent only to the list to avoid duplicated mails ]
Thomas Esser wrote:
> > The stock config.guess/sub from the net should work fine it contains
> > everything for Mac OS X.

TE> So, updating all config.guess/sub files with the latest version from
TE> the net is a much much smarter solution. One can just use the files from
TE>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/
TE> So, this platform_guess has to be adjusted, too, but that's no big deal.
TE> Since the official scripts now support darwin, I suggest to use it
TE> and adjust the rest (i.e. install-cd.sh) to comply with it.

Michel Bovani:
MB> I don't find any mention of Darwin in TeXLive-7-20020515/config.guess and
MB> any config.sub file at all...
MB> Anyway it should be done for next texlive release...

Ooops, I do not understand. I think that it *can* be done for *this* TL.
Just to avoid complaints and many mails from users in disaster.
We have this week for serious checking.
I can only confirm that texlive7-1-20020520 contains in config.guess

    'Power Macintosh':Darwin:*:*)
       echo powerpc_darwin${UNAME_RELEASE}
        exit 0 ;;

and /MacOSX directory
  908366 May 20 00:06 TeX-thin.dmg
  424769 May 19 22:05 bash-2.0.5-osx.tgz
 1145378 Apr 10 15:05 texshop.dmg

so perhaps everything is OK. But please, do some checking
(especially install-cd.sh).

I wrote in the last message "Where is image":
http://www.tug.org./texlive/tlprod/Images/texlive7-1-20020520.iso.bz2
my apologies for  ^ (dot), should be
http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Images/texlive7-1-20020520.iso.bz2

The current contents can also be seen on:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Master/bin/
http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Master/macOSX/
http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Master/texmf/
etc.