[tex-live] TexLive Fails on HPUX 11.00

Raynor, Bill Bill.Raynor@kcc.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:33:27 -0600

Thank you, that fixed the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaja P. Christiansen [mailto:kaja@daimi.au.dk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 4:43 AM
To: Sebastian Rahtz
Cc: Raynor, Bill; 'tex-live@tug.org'
Subject: Re: [tex-live] TexLive Fails on HPUX 11.00

 > On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:57:51AM -0600, Raynor, Bill wrote:
 > >
 > > This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
 > > fatal: memory exhausted (xmalloc of 64000008 bytes).
 > >
 > > Were the hp binaries compiled so that they would run on a 64 bit 11.00
 > > system? If so, could someone suggest how to
 > > get tex/latex to work?

The compilations were done on hpux 10.20; unfortunately I can not
verify whether they do, or don't run, under hpux 11.

Sebastian writes:

 > check the file texmf.cnf, because at one time LaTeX's memory
 > config had an extra 0 at the end (it'll look obvious if you see it).

There is also a word about it on http://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html page.

Kaja

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.   Thank you.