[tex-live] TL7 on Linux: devanagari not Live and obsolete

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:57:24 +0100

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:55:44AM +0200, Janusz S. Bie? wrote:

> Tex Live 7 is missing the Linux binaries for `devnag' preprocessor
> needed by the devanagari package.

Yes, I am afraid it was always going to be like that. Since
I know nothing about indic languages and the software,
I am entirely dependent on someone else to set up indic
components of TeX Live. Unless/until someone packages
up devnag so that it fits in the TeX Live source tree,
we won't get binaries.

does anyone like the idea of regularly compiling something
which says

/tmp/ccD8tQ3j.o(.text+0x1e3f): the `gets' function is dangerous and should not be used.

by the way?