[tex-live] kpsewhich pdftex.map

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:35:50 +0200

> > I consider pdftex.cfg even more important. While pdftex.cfg is hard-coded
> > into pdftex, pdftex.map is not. It is just a common configuration to
> > have pdftex.map configured for pdftex.
>
> > My suggestion is to add special cases for both: pdftex.map and pdftex.cfg.
>
> pdftex.map would need aa special case (as far as the format is
> concerned).
>
> pdftex.cfg does not need a special case: .cfg is not a known suffix,
> so we default to the kpse_tex_format anyway.  You "just" have to
> remember that unless you use --progname=pdftex, the file will not be
> in the search path.

Well, if you restrict "special case" to setting the default format,
you are right. If you extend the meaning of "special case" also to the
default progname, you are not.

I am used to pass options to kpsewhich, so I am not the right person
to ask. But, maybe, it would make sense to set progname for some special
filenames, too.

Thomas