[tex-live] TeXLive7

Jens-Uwe Morawski morawski@gmx.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:34:56 +0200

Dear TeXLive developers,

first of all I would like to send you many, many and many more
thanks. It is an amazing distribution.

Unfortunately, I found some problems:
- the documentation of my piechartmp package is
  installed at texmf/doc/latex/piechartmp. Since
  it is a MetaPost package, the doc-directory
  should be texmf/doc/metapost/piechartmp.

  The same applies to the source directory:
  texmf/source/latex/piechartmp/examples/ -->
  texmf/source/metapost/piechartmp/examples/

  But i would prefer when the examples directory
  is a sub-directory of the doc directory, i.e.
  texmf/doc/metapost/piechartmp/examples.

- the map files (pdftex.map, psfonts.map) do
  not include an entry for "logod10". Since
  all other logo-fonts are  included, it seems
  to be a bug for me.

- there seems to be a bug in the cm-super fonts.
  The font sfss0500 gives an ugly result. Compare
  cm-super and the ae alternative in the following
  LaTeX file:
%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\begin{document}
\tiny\sffamily This is a short sentence in cm-super.
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{aess}\sffamily
This is a short sentence using ae-fonts.
\end{document}
%

- not a bug more a suggestion: I would prefer when the
  texlive doc-dir texmf/doc/tldoc is named
  texmf/doc/texlive. This is more intuitive.

Regards,
  Jens