[tex-live] TeXLive 7 with cygwin

Jeremy Gibbons Jeremy.Gibbons@comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:57:02 +0100 (BST)

Hello, folks. I've been trying to install TeXLive 7 on my
new laptop (running WinXP). The installation works fine; I
can use everything from the command prompt and from within
emacs. However, my cygwin isn't picking up the texmf
hierarchy. Does this sound familiar, or am I doing something
daft?

More detail: TeXLive 6 works fine with cygwin on my older
laptop (W2K), and I've tried to mirror the setup with the
new one. I haven't tried reverting to TeXLive 6 on my new
machine (or upgrading to TL7 on the old one).

>From the cygwin shell, I can "kpsewhich texmf.cnf" and I get
the right config file. However, I can't kpsewhich any of the
usual format files, and indeed running TeX etc fails because
the format file can't be found.

One difference between my old and new config files is that
the new one uses SELFAUTOPARENT, but the old one
doesn't. However, hardwiring the root doesn't solve the
problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jeremy

--
Jeremy.Gibbons@comlab.ox.ac.uk
  Oxford University Computing Laboratory,    TEL: +44 1865 283508