[tex-live] texlive 7, it all starts again

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:44:22 +0000

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 07:05:34PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Die, 29 Jan 2002, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> > RELEASE CONDITIONS:
> >  * Omega must be new release, and stable
>
> John announced that a release should be in February, hope that THIS
> time it will hold ;-)
well, yes, there is that little problem!

> Are the current changes in the omega cvs
> already in the tex-live perforce tree? John did the last changes
> AFAIS some time ago?
I havent checked for a month or so, but yes, the TeXLive
current source should be the same as John's CVS

> >  * getting source clean and compilable
>
> I can check:
> i386/linux with glibc-2.1 (suse 6.4 updated)
> i386/linux with glibc-2.2 (debian woody))
> (alpha/linux with glibc-2.1 (redhat))
> alpha/linux with glibc-2.2 (debian woody)
>
> For all but the redhat I can produce binaries.

excellent! I think we can start the checking process quite
soon, but if we have a set of people who can run compiles
quickly and regularly, it helps a lot.