[tex-live] releases and deadlines

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:08:49 +0200 (CEST)

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> a) I am just making a new set of images now. this
> is the Bachotex release, dated April 25th. the only
> change to this will be if Fabrice releases new binaries
> tonight or early tomorrow. ie there *may* be a April 26 release.

The EuroBachoTeX release is considered as beta test which will be
proposed only for some people declaring real testing and reporting
bugs, corrections, etc. They even should fill up a questionnare ;-)

> b) The final release will be on May 19th.

I've just received a message from the editors of Linux magazine (they
press for GUST members free TL copies, as before), that the prefered
deadline would be on May 15th.
It only depends on my opinion, but I do not like to leave it out in some
unstable and enough robust stage. So we can see what we will have near
that date.

> does that sound fair? should i make a wider appeal
> for testers?

Not only testers, but also some force for documentations, etc.
What is really missing? The usable review what's on the CD, sorted
by collections, alphabetically, by topic and so.
Moreover, many packages have empty description fields to be filled up.
Some years ago we had quite nice package index even printed...

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl