[tex-live] New GNU ghostscript release

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe@math.utah.edu
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:38:16 -0600 (MDT)

This just appeared on the ghostscript developers digest today:

>> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:51:58 -0700
>> From: rillian <rillian@telus.net>
>> To: gs-devel@ghostscript.com
>> Subject: [gs-devel] GNU Ghostscript 7.05 release
>>
>> After over a week of testing, I'm pleased to announce the availability
>> of the final tarball for GNU Ghostscript 7.05. This will become the
>> official release source once we've sanity checked and built binaries for
>> supported platforms. I'll do a more formal announcement at that time.
>>
>> In the meantime, you can get source here:
>>
>>         http://casper.ghostscript.com/~giles/ghostscript-7.05.tar.bz2
>>         http://casper.ghostscript.com/~giles/ghostscript-7.05.tar.gz
>>
>> Or from cvs with the 'gs7_05' tag.
>>
>> New since rc3:
>>
>> * More license fixes courtesy of Brian Youmans at the FSF.
>> * A rewritten (and working) ps2epsi from Ray.
>> * various additional bug fixes
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who tested,
>>   -r

At last, GNU ghostscript is much closer to Aladdin ghostscript; the
current developers release of the latter is 7.20.

- Center for Scientific Computing       FAX: +1 801 585 1640, +1 801 581 4148 -
- University of Utah                    Internet e-mail: beebe@math.utah.edu  -
- Department of Mathematics, 110 LCB        beebe@acm.org  beebe@computer.org -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       beebe@ieee.org                    -
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA    URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe  -