[tex-live] Problem with texinfo Makefile(.in)

Norbert Preining preining@logic.at
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:18:59 +0200

Hi auto* Gurus!

I have the following problem: If I make configure withOUT --without-texinfo
I get the following lines in TeX/utils/texinfo/Makefile:

ACLOCAL = ${SHELL} /opt/texlivesrc/p4-base/Build/source/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run
AUTOCONF = ${SHELL} /opt/texlivesrc/p4-base/Build/source/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run autoconf
AUTOMAKE = ${SHELL} /opt/texlivesrc/p4-base/Build/source/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run
AUTOHEADER = ${SHELL} /opt/texlivesrc/p4-base/Build/source/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run autoheader

The problem is with the ACLOCAL and AUTOMAKE calls where the arguments
are missing and while
	make world
I get an error because missing does not understand the option -I, obvious
because
	$ACLOCAL -I m4 ...
just yields
	missing --run -I m4 ...

Can someone explain me how I could fix this? Or how this could be fixed
in the depot?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>   University of Technology Vienna, Austria
KENT (adj.)

Politely determined not to help despite a violent urge to the
contrary. Kent expressions are seen on the faces of people who are
good at something watching someone else who can't do it at all.

			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff