[tex-live] a bit of mess with unix binaries and man pages

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:07:45 +0100

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 03:57:25PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> still the following are missing:
> 	disdvi: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> 	dvi2tty: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> 	mktexfmt: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> 	nts: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>
> I changed to TeX/texk/dvi2tty and made the first two.
>
> $ cd p4-base/Build/source
> $ find . -name nts
> ./TeX/texk/texlive/nts
>
> So this is found. Should I copy it to the bin dir?

yes, but it should go anyway, from TeX/texk/texlive

> $ find . -name mktexfmt

should be installed by TeX/texk/texlive.

something is wrong. I see eg

cd /tmp/source.development/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu; rm -f fdf2tan makempy texfind
texfont texshow texutil; \
  for f in fdf2tan makempy texfind texfont texshow texutil; do \
            ln -s texexec $f; \
  done
cd /tmp/source.development/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu; rm -f mktexfmt; ln -s fmtutil
mktexfmt

in my log file. you synced to source.development?