[tex-live] new install concept for TeXLive

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:10:48 +0000

Fabrice Popineau writes:
 > If all of you agree that this could solve the problem :
 >
 > http://wxpython.org/
 >
 > I volunteer to do the job.

good idea! the obvious question, of course, is "what do we do about
the RS6000, HPUX etc people". Linux and Sparc people can probably be
expected to be able to install Python, but the others?

and the list of dependencies is horrible. i have never yet managed to
run any Python programs properly, they always die for one reason or another

I would vote, 100%, for freezing the existing install system for Unix
as is, and start offering a much better one for those willing to
install wxPython. otherwise we never advance

Sebastian