[tex-live] new install concept for TeXLive

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:04:36 +0000

Peter Flynn writes:
 > I just looked at InstallAnywhere (www.zerog.com) which LimeWire use
 > for their installer. Very impressive and multiplatform but $995 a
 > copy.

and tell me it works from an uncompressed file system, using spec
files, and I'll find $995. If it works from compressed archives of
some kind, that means a major change in philosophy for TeX Live.

 > Is math == amsmath? If so it should probably be called amsmath.

no, its other trash too

 > > Is bib == natbib? etc.
no, it all the other uselsss styles

 > I thought graphics was core now.
it is. "graphics" is stuff like xypic and pstricks

 > > "sh"
 >
 > Good, even I can understand most of that.
even Thomas Esser's miraculous writing of it?