[tex-live] new install concept for TeXLive

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:35:38 +0100 (MET)

Notes (2) on the new install concept for TL6:

collections
1. `misc' collection: ruhyphen should go to `cyrillic'
2. `misc': expressg, feynmf, threed, mpattern -> `graphics'
3. `games': musictex, musixtex ?! ;-))) -> `misc'

packages
4. mf-ps is rather package for graphics so please change in mf-ps.tpm
<    <TPM:Collection>fonts</TPM:Collection>
<    <TPM:Level>3</TPM:Level>

>    <TPM:Collection>graphics</TPM:Collection>
>    <TPM:Level>3</TPM:Level>
and move it from `fonts_extra' to `graphics'

5. mathpazo.tpm:
< texmf/doc/latex/mathpazo/README.txt
< texmf/doc/latex/mathpazo/gpl.txt
< texmf/doc/latex/mathpazo/lppl.txt
< texmf/doc/latex/mathpazo/pazotest.pdf

> texmf/doc/fonts/mathpazo/README.txt
> texmf/doc/fonts/mathpazo/gpl.txt
> texmf/doc/fonts/mathpazo/lppl.txt
> texmf/doc/fonts/mathpazo/pazotest.pdf

6. chemarrow.tpm:
< texmf/doc/latex/chemarrow/Liesmich.txt
< texmf/doc/latex/chemarrow/Readme.txt
< texmf/doc/latex/chemarrow/testchem.tex
< texmf/doc/latex/chemarrow/testchem.dvi

> texmf/doc/fonts/chemarrow/Liesmich.txt
> texmf/doc/fonts/chemarrow/Readme.txt
> texmf/doc/fonts/chemarrow/testchem.tex
> texmf/doc/fonts/chemarrow/testchem.dvi

------
I played a little with new install-cd.sh
1. system detection does not work on my Linux
2. since you process .vlist files, the dependecies defined in collections
   cannot work. Moreover cpp is used, so on RedHat6.1 and 6.2 we have
   a problem: cpp isn't in $PATH (it was a bug, of course, but...)
3. Options -> create symlinks for binaries /usr/local/bin (should be
   /usr/bin)

------
Finally to all other who listen: WE NEED SOME HELP WITH FILLING UP
PACKAGES (SHORT) DESCRIPTIONS in .tpm files (for most of them we have epty
fields). As an example alg.tpm description fields:
     <TPM:Title>
      LaTeX environments for typesetting algorithms.
     </TPM:Title>
     <TPM:Description>
      Defines two environments for typesetting algorithms in LaTeX2e
      where lines are automatically numbered and can be referenced,
      with easy indentation, and algorithms as floats.
     </TPM:Description>
Many packages have Title empty, or `No caption.', many other Description
field empty.

Thanks,

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl