[tex-live] new install concept for TeXLive

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:46:03 +0100 (MET)

Sebastian,
The collection stuff for TL6 is quite perfectly organised. Really great
work. Many thanks!
Just some short comments:

1. urwstd: I'd suggest to move it from `fonts-extra' to `psfonts'
   (`psfonts' contains already pxfonts and txfonts, and should contain
    the stuff for all)
2. monotype: please move it from `psfonts' to `fonts-extra'
   (such a huge package can be only for those, who have proprietary
    monotype fonts)
3. tex-ps: in `psfonts` collection? It'd rather go to `essential',
   as a *small* addition for dvips users
4. tex4ht: in `html_xml'? Hmmm... the same we have with dvipdfm
   and ttf2pk (in `essential'). tex4ht is rather another cathegory/collection.
5. texinfo: in `documentation'? It is missleading, since we have here
   also macros and ini files for the formats.
6. please move ogonek from `polish' to `latex-misc' (it can be perhaps
   worth for somebody in the countries far from here ;-)

I hope that after some iterations we will have everything at the place.
The last question: can we have the same packages in different collections?
I mean, e.g., adding pxfonts and txfonts to `math', so BLU have
installed stuff for using also Times or Palladio with all the math.
As I understand, `Dependancies' works only for collections, but installing
again the package shouldn't hurt so much.

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl