[tex-live] texlive-20010307.iso.bz2 + Solaris

Michael Wiedmann michael.wiedmann@detewe.de
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:27:27 +0100

Hi TexLive Maintainers (Sebastian?),

I know, that the new TeXLive6 is not yet ready but want to let you know
of some unexpected difficulties I experience with the above mentioned
ISO image.

I used TeXLive 4 and 5 as a Live-System on Solaris quite successful,
but can't get the new image to work properly.

The binaries are all in the correct subdirectory (bin/sparc-solaris2.7)
but there must be a serious error in some of the configuration files.

E.g.:

- "fmtutil --edit" results in
  fmtutil: config file fmtutil.cnf not found

- kpsewhich --format="web2c files" fmtutil.cnf finds nothing

- kpsewhich article.sty finds nothing

I'm willing to do some testing but because I don't have direct access
to our CD-ROM-Server I can't switch CDs often.

Michael
--
office:  michael.wiedmann@detewe.de
private: mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                 http://www.miwie.org/