[tex-live] proofing TL6

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

Incidentally, I had an occasion for testing TL6 at my neighbourhood...
She is UK citizen and uses HP notebook with UK Windows 95 OSR2
installed. Since she hasn't autoexec.bat at all at her system, we have
the  following (as in the log file):
---
Updating environment.
Environment: creating c:\Program Files\TeXLive\bin\win32\setvars.bat
Environment: PATH = c:\PROGRA~1\TEXLIVE\bin\win32;%PATH%
Environment: TEXMFCNF = c:\Program Files\TeXLive\texmf-var\web2c
Error: Fail to copy c:\autoexec.bat to c:\tex50E5.TMP (Error 2)
Error: Remove the lines about fpTeX from your `c:\autoexec.bat' file by hand.
---

Fabrice, would you please adding a test and writing autoexec.bat
for such situations?

----
Kaja wrote:
>  'TeX Frequently Asked Questions' points to the missing pdf file.

As I see, we have now newfaq.pdf ready, so it is perhaps good occasion
for remaking iso for (still) TL6.

Sebastian wrote:
> I'd rather just retire gracefully and let someone else produce TL7 :-}

NO! Long live S.P.Q.Rahtz (as TeX Live editor)!

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl