[tex-live] proofing TL6

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:18:57 +0200

A few comments on the installation of TL6 master CD...
The installation is *almost* flying; a few files are reported
as missing with error message saying
/usr/local/bin/gtar: Cannot add file <name> : No such file or directory
(see my comments though):

- collection tex-latex
  texmf/doc/latex/psnfss/manifest.txt      % strange, the file exists
  texmf/doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.tex      % ditto

- collection tex-latexextra
  texmf/doc/latex/footmisc/README
  texmf/source/latex/footmisc/footmisc.din

There are a few glitches in the html files:

- readme.html:

  links for 'Installation and use under Unix'
  and 'Installation and use under Windows' jump to the middle of
  corresponding sections in tl6 guide.

  'TeX Frequently Asked Questions' points to the missing pdf file.

- texmf/doc/html/index.html:
  refers to texlive5
  again, pdf file for 'UK TUG TeX FAQ' is missing.

The CD did not get install in the directory which (I think) I chose,
but it could be my mistake.

Btw, the CD labels itself as texlive6-20000102 (should be texlive6-<date>?)

Kaja