Problem using graphics in TeX

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
13 Sep 2000 15:01:43 +0200

* Eric Kennedy van Dam <eric.kennedy@telecom.telecom.fpms.ac.be> writes:

> I'm trying to include a graphic in a document.  I didn't get any
> error during the compilation but when I want to preview it I always
> get this error:

> InitGS: Can't load gs dll

> The specified module could not be found.

> Ghostscript is installed as well as Ghostview.  I'm running TexLive
> 4 in a WinNT 4.0 SP5 environnement.  What must I change to make it
> run ?  It'm waiting this works before installing it on my
> colleagues' Computer

Admitting GS is installed in c:\gstools\gs5.50 and fonts in
c:\gstools\gs5.50\fonts, define the following environment variables:

set PATH=%PATH%;c:\gstools\gs5.50
set GS_LIB=c:\gstools\gs5.50;c:\gstools\gs5.50\fonts

This is not need anymore with more recent versions of windvi, you can
find one in ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/windvi.zip .

Feel free to ask for more details if needed,

--
Fabrice Popineau