comments to TeXLive5, April 13, 2000

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun, 14 May 2000 18:33:41 +0100 (BST)

Jana Chlebikova writes:

 >   In the end of the instalation, the instalation script should
 > add into variable PATH, the path for new binaries (or at least to write, how to do it
 > or that it it suitable to do)

The install script says

"I will now create the filename database,
add $bindir to your PATH, and run
   texconfig init
to initialize your system and create
format files. The log of this will be placed in
$TEXDIR/texconfig.log

You should make sure that $bindir
is added to your PATH for future sessions."

I don't really see what else I can do. I certainly dont propose to try
and edit your .login/.profile/.bashrc/.cshrc/.kshrc file....

 >  When the instalation finished, the directory /usr/TeX/texmf-var/fonts
 > has the following setting  drwxr-xr-t.
 > With this setting only root can do something and xdvi is sad:-)

I will correct that. its bad....

sebastian