TeX Live CD 5, Autostart/Setup under Win95

Hubert Palme palme@uni-wuppertal.de
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:39:04 +0200 (CEST)

 F> * Hubert Palme <palme@uni-wuppertal.de> writes:
 >> Dear TeX Live Team, I found out, that the autostart/setup programs
 >> on the TeX live CD on Windows 95 only run with Internet Explorer (>=
 >> 4.0?)  installed. Otherwise the programs complain about WININET.DLL
 >> missing. Is this a bug or a feature?

 F> This is missing rom the documentation, but there should be (on the
 F> TL5c final version) a redistribuable component from Microsoft that
       ^
       | How can I find out the CD version I have?

 F> will install this dll on systems where it is lacking.
 F> Run setupw32\wintdist.exe, follow the instructions and then you will
 F> be able to autorun the CD.

Hmm... I have no wintdist.exe, but 50ComUpd.exe on my CD. This
contains some "Common updates", but not the missing DLL. May be, I
have a too early version? (The README is from march 2000)

Thanks,

Hubert Palme         Bergische Universitaet-Gesamthochschule Wuppertal
                                      Computing  Center
                                      D-42097 Wuppertal
E-Mail: palme@uni-wuppertal.de             (Germany)
http://www.hrz.uni-wuppertal.de/hrz/personen/h_palme.html