Ltr to LUG's

Karl Berry karl@freefriends.org
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:50:54 -0400

    licensing restrictions). Gnu Ghostscript 5.50 and Gnu Emacs are

This should be GNU, not Gnu.

    ****************************** IS THIS OKAY??

It's fine except for:

    LICENSE/TL5.

That should be a . not a /

    **********************DELETE THIS PART, RIGHT?***************************
    Here is the sample copying permission notice, adapted from the one in
    TUGboat, referred to above:

Yes, delete that part.

    ******* DO I ADD THE ABOVE LETTER TO THIS ONE (AND EDIT OUT THE $1 COST
    PLUS SHIPPING*******

Yes -- the idea is just to change the paragraph on the cost, leave
everything else the same.

    THIS ONE (BELOW) DOESN'T GET MAILED:	To: tex-user-groups2@tug.org    RIGHT?

Right.

    IT'S PART OF THE ONE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE?

    OR IS IT A SEPARATE MAILING?

There are only two mailings.  One to the well-off user groups, who get
charged US$1 plus shipping, and one to the less-well-off user groups,
who get charged $0.58 and no shipping.

I suggest creating two separate and complete files with the two letters,
including all the BCC's, so you can see exactly what it is.  I hope your
mailer can do BCC, if not, I can show you how to do the mailing from
the tug.org machine.

Hope this clarifies,