task list for manufacturing and distributing TeX Live

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:26:51 +0100 (BST)

Arthur Ogawa writes:
 > At the recent ExComm meeting I promised to post a list of the tasks
 > involved with the manufacturing and distribution of TeX Live.

If I do not comment below, it means I agree :-}

 > 7. Obtain and test gold master.

what do you mean by "test"? you mean minimally check it is not a duff
master CD, or actually use it? if the latter, the sooner the
better... we suffer badly from insufficient testing, despite the
truly heroic efforts of Staszek.

 > Anyone see any holes here, please let me know so I can revise this
 > task list.

what about

 xx. discuss with TUB editor what, if any, documentation should be
     printed in the issue of TUB

?

PLEASE can everyone keep in mind that  that the version of TeX Live
for TUG etc will be _different_ from that made for Addison Wesley, and
for GUST. The TUG Office, in particular, will need to bear this in
mind if and when they get complaints. They are going to sell and
support TL5c, not 5b (refer to GUST) or 5a (refer to Addison Wesley or
me).

When shall we start arguing over who is going to work on TeX Live 6 :-}

sebastian