TeXLive installation

Fabrice POPINEAU Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
30 Nov 1999 23:30:07 +0100

* Wybo Dekker <wybo@servalys.hobby.nl> writes:

> 1. I wanted to install everything under a specific directory, so
> instructed the GhostScript install to put the gstools directory
> there also. This resulted in an error message from gswin32c about
> not finding gs_init.ps. That file was only looked for in C:\gstools.

set GS_LIB in the environment to the right path. Ensure that you have
only one version of gswin32c.exe :

set GS_LIB=d:/TeX/gstools/gs5.50;d:/TeX/gstools/gs5.50

> 2. I did not find Perl on the CD anymore, is that right? I would
> very much like to have it back on the next one.

Nope. Not enough room.

> 3. I Tried to use the CD as a Live CD but then I missed the
> possibility to run gs from it. I had to install GhostScript on my
> harddisk.

Yes ... annoying, but basically unavoidable.

> 4. The total size of the basic installation is much larger than on
> the TeXLive3 CD. I would like to have a really basic configuration.

Yes, my packaging was a bit wrong, and I hope to do a better job for
the next one.

--
Fabrice Popineau