I Need Help with Latex Installation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:31:11 +0000 (GMT)

Cindy.Colbourne writes:
 > So far I have not been successful with running latex.  The files are
 > installed in the /usr/Tex directory, like it should, but I cannot find a
 > Latex executable file or a texconfig file.

look in /usr/Tex; is there a bin directory at all? is there a
subdirectory in there called hp.. something? is that on your PATH?

when you installed, did it detect your version of HPUX? You might need
to identify it by hand (I am not sure we trap version 11 properly)

the install screen will show you what OS it thinks you are on. if it
shows none, it will install no binaries...

Sebastian