Draft of LUG letter

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:33:41 +0100 (MET)

 > Sebastian, Kaja, and Peter, please comment.

A few comments from here (leaving the rest to your *much* better
language skills, guys):

 > 1. LUGs to pay manufacturing costs plus shipping. No contribution to TUG's
 > overhead will be asked. Estimated cost is about $1 per CD.

Is the price of $1 realistic? ($5 per copy was mentioned recently, have I
misunderstood it?)

 > 2. LUG to distribute the CD only to its members. Other people should contact
 > TUG for their copies.

*If* TUG will allow for a distribution to non-members, perhaps LUG
should be allowed to do the same, on the same conditions.

 > 3. The CD is freely copyable by the recipient; recipients of those copies are
 > not restricted from further copying.

... as long as it is not for profit

Kaja