[Fwd: Bulk orders of the TeX Live CDROM]

Barbara Beeton bnb@ams.org
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:46:48 -0400 (EDT)

    call me naive, but if I start out with 1000 apples, and give away 450,
    I know I have 550 left, without actually counting them.......

i don't know how many copies (i don't have the records), but i am
a bit concerned because i think the number was calculated to not
exceed what was explicitly ordered plus the number expected to be
needed by single requests to the tug office (mostly for new members)
through the end of the year.

if it's necessary to ship all or most of those to gutenberg, then
new tug members will be ill-served, and necessary in any event to
"reprint", most likely at a higher price per copy.  i think this
needs to be taken into consideration as well.

(i'm terribly sorry about the foulup though.  it looks like we
should be more diligent about checking, come next year.)
							-- bb