[Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr>] DVI-Viewer and yap.exe

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@ese-metz.fr
18 Jun 1999 09:01:49 +0200

--=-=-=

I should have CC: for others who might have difficulties.

--=-=-=

Date: Fri Jun 18 09:00:21 1999
From: Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr>
Subject: DVI-Viewer and yap.exe

Topics:
   Re: DVI-Viewer and yap.exe

Date: 18 Jun 1999 08:58:52 +0200
From: Fabrice POPINEAU <popineau@ese-metz.fr>
To: "Hans-Christian Löbke" <hloe0067@rz.uni-hildesheim.de>
Subject: Re: DVI-Viewer and yap.exe

"Hans-Christian L=F6bke" <hloe0067@rz.uni-hildesheim.de> writes:

> Can=B4t find yap.exe and the path of my tex document. Where can i find=20
> yap.exe.

There is no yap.exe, there is windvi.exe.

xcopy e:\setupw32\winedt-cfg\* "c:\Program Files\WinEdt" /s

if e: is your cd-rom. There has been something wrong when you
installed TL4 (winedt should have been configured at this point).

> And the next question, where can i choose the printer i=B4ve an HP DJ=20
> 660C.

I don't know about this model, but basically, you should put you
default mode and base dpi in $(TEXMFLOCAL)/texmf/web2c/mktex.cnf :

D:\>kpsewhich mktex.cnf
d:/Local/TeX/texmf.local/web2c/mktex.cnf

D:\>type d:\Local\TeX\texmf.local\web2c\mktex.cnf
: ${MT_FEATURES=3Dappendonlydir}
: ${MODE=3Dljfour}
: ${BDPI=3D600}

Replace 'ljfour' by 'deskjet' or any other mode found in 'modes.mf'
and set a BDPI according to this mode.

About windvi, you should run it at least once (after that, options
will be remembered) with :

windvi --mfmode deskjet -p 300 foo.dvi

- -=20
Fabrice