Installation of TexLive and WinEdt

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:24:20 +0000 (GMT)

Anne Lise Berg writes:

 > I have tried to install TexLive with option Full. But my Texmf and Varfonts
 > directories have no files after installation.
 >
 > Is this correct ?
depends on what you mean by "my TeXmf". was this what you specified
for "local"?

 > I also try to configure WinEdt to be able to run the utility Latex. I have
 > put the c:\tex\bin\winedt directory in the path variable. So latex.exe is
 > found. But anyway it stops and asks for the latex.fmt file.
 >
 > Why and what am I going to do ?

sounds like a seriously broken system, first thing to do is run
"mktexlsr" at a command line; then do "kpsewhich latex.fmt" to see if
it can find the file. if that fails, see if its on the disk at all. if
so, where? if not, ask again.

sebastian