[tug-pub] presentation of "reading materials" on the web pages

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:11:01 +0100 (BST)

Arthur Ogawa writes:
 > > the phrase "allowing people access to documentation" implies that
 > > anything on TeX Live is protected in some way. it isnt!
 >

 > Here's the thing: people who are new to TeX or to TeX Live really
 > ought to be buying the TeX Live CD-ROM from TUG or a lug. What
 > better way to publicize the CD than to show people its documentation?

yes, but you still dont say what you mean by `its documentation'.

in general, i'd agree, if I thought the documentation was better. I
suspect in practice that a set of screendumps would attract people
more :-}

sebastian