[tug-board] No reply received to this message, dated 22nd July 1999

Richard Detwiler richid@hevanet.com
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 18:42:30 -0700

Hello Phil,

I was not ignoring your message but waiting for additional information. An
e-mail was forwarded to the TUG office last Friday saying that the TeX
Live4b CDs would be ready August 11. I assume that means ready for shipment
from France to the TUG office at that time  I have not been involved in the
ordering process. Since my assistant and I will both be at TUG99 beginning
August 15 we likely will not see the CDs until we return.
We have been reluctant to fulfill your order from our existing inventory
which now is down to less than 130 after fulfilling unexpected orders. We
have new members joining daily and we need to take some to TUG99 for people
who became members with their registration.
Perhaps we can short cut the process by having O'Reilly send 100 directly to
you. I don't know what the shipping costs would be. The package should be
between 5 and 6 pounds. If we send 100 to you when we return from Vancouver
it would cost approximately $ 40 to ship by Express Mail,  3 to 5 day
delivery, $ 34 for air parcel which would take a week or longer, or $ 18 to
$ 27 if we could get the disks in to two or three Global Priority packages,
5 to 7 day delivery.  Please let me know if you would like me to contact
O'Reilly about a shipment to you next week or have us ship after August 22.
- Richard Detwiler