[tex-k] CWEB suggestion; include section for diagram visualization

Andreas Scherer andreas_tex at freenet.de
Sun Jun 5 19:19:05 CEST 2022

Hello,

> A way to cweave graphviz/dot diagrams in svg format could be a
> starting point using \includegraphics, \caption in the figure
> environment.
CWEAVE produces 'plain TeX' output, so you can do in the TeX parts
whatever you like.

(1) DEK uses '\input epsf' with Metapost graphics in many of his example
programs (https://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/programs.html)

(2) SVG graphics can be included in 'plain TeX' (requires advanced TeX
engines like pdfTeX, XeTeX, or LuaTeX) with
     \input graphicx.tex
     \includegraphics{[your graphic here.svg}
     \bye
(See
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/63789/inserting-an-image-in-plain-tex
for more suggestions.)

(3) Somewhat stale, but still available is 'cweb-latex' (not tested):
https://ctan.org/pkg/cweb-latex.

> Perhaps in the longer term the C-text section can be automatically
> transformed to an initial visualization for finer tuning and
> navigation.I'm not quite sure what you suggest here. Maybe the recent project
https://github.com/shreevatsa/webWEB could be of interest to you.

Happy CWEB programming!
Andreas