[tex-k] Crash (segmentation fault) from endwrite token

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 8 00:13:58 CEST 2022

    This report is from "user202729" ...
    https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/649069

Thank you much for forwarding the report (Shreevatsa) and plausible fix
(Asher). Happens for me too. I will discuss with the others and try to
contact user202729.

    (The last \bye is optional as the crash happens before it.)

Not that it matters here, but \end is better than \bye in such
"minimization" attempts anyway since then a plain.tex macro isn't
involved/needed (admittedly you still have to add catcodes, but
whatever :). Often it is easier to debug such things under initex.
--all the best, karl.