[tex-k] dvipdfm[x] problem with dashed horizontal lines

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Mon May 31 17:24:59 CEST 2021

 >|The reason for this unexpected result seems to be the
 >|incorrect widths recorded in the font "musixspx" as
 >|reported by dvipdfmx (with the "-v" option).
 >|
 >|dvipdfmx:warning: Intolerable difference in glyph width: font=musixspx,
 >|char=23
 >|dvipdfmx:warning: font: 901 vs. tfm: 300
 >|dvipdfmx:warning: Intolerable difference in glyph width: font=musixspx,
 >|char=25
 >|dvipdfmx:warning: font: 901 vs. tfm: 300
 >|
 >|This is caused by inconsistency between Type1 font used
 >|for PDF output and TFM. Please fix the font.

Thank you for this. The type1 musixtex fonts were developed
by Takanori Uchiyama in about 2003 and there have been no
issues and no changes since then. On the other hand, the
current issue with dvipdfmx seems to have started recently
and did not arise with earler releases; has something
changed in the way dvipdfmx deals with type1 fonts? I also
note that no other dviware seems to have a similar issue.

Best,
Bob T.