[tex-k] [dvipdfmx] dvipdfm[x] problem with dashed horizontal lines

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:12:19 CEST 2021

Actually it is possible to have an option to recover the old
behavior (use TFM data for font dictionary's Width entry
which might be different from that of embedded font file),
however, by doing so it results in dvipdfmx to generate
PDF files which are not compliant to the PDF spec.

> I've been told that it is "wrong" for dvipdfmx to use tfm
> widths rather than pfb widths, and maybe that's true if the
> pfbs are going to be used, but in my opinion it is a *bug*
> to use pfbs that the user has explicitly chosen not to use.
>
> Please fix this.

Dvipdfmx does not provide a way to explicitly specify
which font format to use. But you may use a pk font by
explicitly specifying the file name including the extension.
For example,

    \special{pdf:mapline musixspx none musixspx.600pk}

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata