[tex-k] Can't reproduce the illustrations on page 201 of The METAFONTbook

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 29 00:09:02 CEST 2020

    Page C195, line 8
    Should "autorounding := smoothing := 0" be "autorounding = smoothing = 0"?
    Generally, the word "with" applies to facts and the word "set" applies to
    actions, so the former calls for equal signs and the latter calls for :='s.

Generally, yes. But in this particular case, seems to me it would just
look strange to use := in one sentence and = a couple sentences later,
when no real difference is intended. I think it's best left as written.
--thanks, karl.