[tex-k] Feature request for Kpathsea

Karl Koeller karlkoeller at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:50:21 CET 2017

Dear developers,

I don't know whether this feature request may be accepted or not.

I'll try to explain it with an example.

Let's suppose that, under Windows, I have a "test.tex" file in
"C:\project\tex" directory,
which contains a line

\input{../chap/chap1}

Let's suppose that I have a file "chap1.tex" in "C:\project\chap" directory.

Let's suppose that I've set "TEXINPUTS=C:/project/tex" and that I launch
"pdflatex test"
with "C:\project\tex\aux" directory as output folder.

Since the search path starts with "../", Kpathsea simply checks if that
file exists.

Is it possible to let Kpathsea find my "chap1.tex" file?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Karl