[tex-k] Incompatibility between WEB and C versions of "ovp2ovf"

Igor Liferenko igor.liferenko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 14:34:53 CET 2016

Hi Akira,

Thank you for the response.

> Probably (MAP ...) part is not necessary in the case where character code is not remapped.

If we consider the behavior of "vptovf" as standard, then "ovp2ovf" is
incorrect, because it behaves differently:

	echo "(MAPFONT D 0 (FONTNAME cmr10))" > myfont.vpl
	tftopl cmr10 >> myfont.vpl
	vptovf myfont.vpl

then check that (MAP ...) part was added:

    vftovp myfont.vf

In my previous email there was a small mistake. The following example
is more correct:

	echo "(MAPFONT D 0 (FONTNAME cmr10))" > myfont.ovp
	tftopl cmr10 >> myfont.ovp
        ovp2ovf myfont.ovp myfont.ovf myfont.ofm
	wovp2ovf myfont.ovp webfont.ovf webfont.ofm

Regards,
Igor