[tex-k] Incompatibility between WEB and C versions of "ovp2ovf"

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Mar 14 12:47:38 CET 2016

> I wonder if it may be considered as a bug in C variant of ovp2ovf.

I'm not familiar with the issue. Probably (MAP ...) part is not necessary
in the case where character code is not remapped.
You can confirm that (MAP ...) part is present for ovp2ovf if character
code is remapped.

> Before I learned about "wovp2ovf", I used "vptovf" ...
> While we are talking about different variants of utilities:
> I noticed that in
> ...trunk/Build/source/texk/web2c/omegaware/am/omegaware.am "otangle"
> is used instead of "tangle". I cannot figure out the difference between them.

I don't know details, but 'o...' or 'wo...' are utilities for
Omega/Aleph, a UTF-16 engine.  XeTeX also uses otangle.

> Similarly, there should be "oweave", but there is not.

No, "oweave" is not necessary, since WEB syntax is not changed.
For example, you can compile as follows:
weave otangle.web
tex otangle.tex

Best,
Akira