[tex-k] Speed of kpsewhich when querying the repertories of the TeX installation

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri May 1 09:18:54 CEST 2015

One more thing:

> > If I resuscitated this issue after some months, it is because I
> > discovered yesterday that Emacs/AUCTeX 11.88 on Mac OS X very
> > lengthy launch was entirely to be explained by its nine calls to
> > kpsewhich.

I have read through the linked thread you provided, and it is *not*
clear to me that the failure is at kpsewhich side. Other people
have responded with no problem.

Could it be that on the Mac somehting else happens, that makes
kpsewhich actually *search* the hard drive instead of using ls-R?
If there are some lonesome // or missing ls-R or whatever,
this can really create problems, but that is not a problem
of kopsewhich.

Norbert