[tex-k] Building standalone kpathsea

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Sun Apr 14 13:25:50 CEST 2013

Greetings.

Here (in case it's useful) are some instructions for building a standalone kpathsea library.  I don't think many people want to do this, but I do, and I might as well share my how-to (google: come ye and fetch...).

Building from Subversion:

You can check out the entire tree (svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source) but that takes a _long_ while.  Or you can check out just the required bits:

  % svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source/m4
  % svn export svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source/version.ac
  % svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/am texk/am
  % svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/kpathsea texk/kpathsea
  % svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/tests/texmf texk/tests/texmf
  % cd texk/kpathsea

Then build:

  % autoreconf --install --symlink
  % ./configure