[tex-k] texLive 2011 updmap problem

Dick Nickalls dicknickalls at doctors.org.uk
Thu Sep 1 14:51:40 CEST 2011

Dear Karl,

just a note to report a problem wrt  updmap in TL 2011, and to ask for some advice as to how to get it working. I can't see any related info on the internet anywhere.

I have just installed TL2011 in my linux  (mandriva) distro (TL 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 all installed OK)
All is working just fine -  but  I have discovered that the updmap command fails for some reason.
/texlive/2011/bin/i386-linux/updmap

Here is the error message from running it at the commandline

-----------------
$  updmap
--> Error in option spec: "setoption=s{1,2}"
------------------------

I notice that for the first time  it is a link to updmap.pl
in /texmf/scripts/tetex/updmap.pl
 (in all previous years TL it was a BASH script, which worked nicely OK)

my question is
(1) can I use the 2010 updmap.sh script instead ??
(2) what is the problem with the new perl script
(3) where do I find any /recent/ documentation regarding  updmap

any help would be appreciated.

regards,
Dick

---------
Dr RWD Nickalls
Consultant in Anaesthesia & Intensive Care (retired),
c/o Department of Anaesthesia
Nottingham University Hospitals
City Hospital Campus
Hucknall Road